Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.
Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.

Buy, Sell, and Talk Remote Control

Contributing Members now have their own category to post private messages to michiganr-c.com members only.
HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control Hey Hey from flushing Speedy10

Hey Hey from flushing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
teamdirttrack

teamdirttrack

Hey Hey from flushing Empty
PostSubject: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 am

Just signed up, the sight is great. I am just getting back into rc. I always have had nitro in the past, but electric is where most of my interest is now. Right now I just have a bunch of parts trying to get a couple trucks put together. I want to get into racing but not sure what to get, I like the slash but want to make sure I get something that I will be competitive with. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
keblerelf11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 am

I guess it depends on what you want to drive. 4x4 or 2wd. I have driven the 2wd slash as well as the Losi SC truck. I have settled on the Associated SC10. It just fit my driving style best. I have been told if money isn't an object, the Kyosho SC-R's are the way to go. But they are pricey. Not sure about the 4x4's. The only one I have driven is the Team Durango DES410. Awesome truck, but again, very pricey and hard to find. From what I understand you can't really go wrong with any of the 4x4 SC trucks.
Back to top Go down
teamdirttrack

teamdirttrack

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:22 pm

4x4 for sure. Money is somewhat of an object but I definitely want something that will be competitive at the track. I have never had an electric car until recently and I just have a 2wd stampede that is a work in progress to say the least. I have looked and read a lot about a lot of different 4x4 sc trucks just never drove any of them.
Back to top Go down
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Welcome to the site. Glad to have you aboard.

I wish I could help you with the decision, but I'm just getting back into the hobby also. I actually just found my ni-cd/ni-mh charger from when I had my 2speed emaxx! It's been a while! Smile

All I can say is, I just bought a 4x4 slash with a castle motor, and I love it. I don't race yet (though I want to as well!), but the 1 time I went for a practice run at the local hobby store, it was a blast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michiganr-c.com
teamdirttrack

teamdirttrack

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I think that is the same way I am going to go with the slash 4x4. The first truck I ever had was a tmaxx nitro 2.5 and I loved that truck especially after buying my second nitro which was a hot bodies dirt demon nitro with a 3.5. It was a beast but I just didn't care for anything about it. So unless I find something else that I really like I think I will be getting the slash.
Back to top Go down
rm25x

rm25x

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Welcome from another fellow Flushing member.

Where do you plan on racing at? I know you said you were looking for something to race on a track, not sure if the Slash 4x4 would be my first choice for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Trick-Parts.com
teamdirttrack

teamdirttrack

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:20 pm

I haven't found anywhere to race yet, not sure where the closest tracks are at. I believe there is one in owosso and one in Saginaw and maybe one in grand blanc, not sure though. Do you know of any close by? And if not the slash and suggestions?
Back to top Go down
rm25x

rm25x

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:44 pm

AMS in Grand Blanc for indoor dirt. Not my favorite place, but it is somewhere to race.
Rad N Bad is a fun outdoor track in Gladwin.

Not sure of one in Owosso or Saginaw.

For 4x4, the Losi TEN-SCTE or Associated SC10 4x4 would have to be my pick.

Also electric 1/8th scale is a blast, might want to look into that as well.
Back to top Go down
teamdirttrack

teamdirttrack

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for the info rm25x. Maybe when I get a little more setup we can hook up and run together. Do you usually drive to gladwin to run?
Back to top Go down
rm25x

rm25x

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 pm

I haven't been there yet but would like to this summer.
Be sure to check out www.Trick-Parts.com that's my shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Hey from flushing   Hey Hey from flushing Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey from flushing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1