Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.
Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.

Buy, Sell, and Talk Remote Control

Contributing Members now have their own category to post private messages to michiganr-c.com members only.
HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control Short Course terrain ? Speedy10

Short Course terrain ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

Short Course terrain ? Empty
PostSubject: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:59 am

Do you run your short course 1/10 on grass? If so, what setup to you have?
Back to top Go down
http://www.michiganr-c.com
indy34096

indy34096

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Funny you ask that, because last summer I made a grass track in the backyard by cutting it very short with the mower in the desired area.

I ran my Slash 4x4 (the fastest thing on that track next to an XL-5 Rustler) with stock gearing and tires. I think I ran Losi Green 2.5" springs up front and 2.5" Blue at the rear, with stock preload (none at front though)

I made jumps out of plywood and bricks, and had 2 sections of the track that intersected so it would get quite crazy at times.

Back to top Go down
coyote5122

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:59 pm

I run my Blitz in grass but not in taller growth . Normally buzz it around the workplace on my lunch after the lawn crew comes through . Running a Mamba Side winder 4100kv on 2s , 83 spur and a 22 pinion temps are fine with fans and overall its wheelies on demand . Shocked
Back to top Go down
bashdaslash

bashdaslash

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:53 pm

you really need short grass OR powerful brushless system OR big tires OR raise your suspension
Back to top Go down
ryan.and3rs0n

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:21 am

2.8 talons > grass
Back to top Go down
jayreynoldsii

jayreynoldsii

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 am

I run my 2wd sct in the grass all the time. Up to about 3in deep. I have the rear dropped low and the front high so I can whip it around on pavement a little better. It is an highly modified ecx torment with a 3200kv tacon on 3s. It does 40-50 MPH and will wheelie and flip at 40! It will do wheelies on grass. I am just running standard slash S1 tires on the rear and the stock speed treads on the front. I upgraded the camber and steering links from stock to traxxas. I have HPI Blitz front uprights and steering blocks, and had to install tekno hardened steel axles due to twisting off vxl shafts. Been dieing to get to AMS to run on the track!
Back to top Go down
henry_64

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't run my SC10 on much grass. When I was a kid, however my first hobby-grade R/C was an RC10 CE that I usually used on a backyard track at my parent's.

I just mowed the grass down real short like on a golf-green and built jumps out of dirt.

It was nice because the car didn't get dirty as easy and you could still slide in the corners.
Back to top Go down
indy34096

indy34096

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Some may need to gear down depending on their power system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Course terrain ?   Short Course terrain ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Short Course terrain ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1