Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.
Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.

Buy, Sell, and Talk Remote Control

Contributing Members now have their own category to post private messages to michiganr-c.com members only.
HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control Bogging on accelleration Speedy10

Bogging on accelleration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

Bogging on accelleration Empty
PostSubject: Bogging on accelleration   Bogging on accelleration EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 am

Ok, so I was trying to tune in my engine today, and it seems to be obvious that I haven't had a nitro rc since 2003.

1. . I can not seem to keep it idling.
  2. . When it does stay running (when i turn up the throttle trim on my transmitter and keep reving) it bogged down from the acceleration. So, I tried to fix it with richening the lsn and that helped but then it started bogging down at the high rpm range.
  3. . And the clincher. Once I put everything back to flush ( factory settings ) my glow plug ignitor dies!

So, I am charging the ignitor, I cleaned out the tank and pulled the glowplug out and pulled the starter a couple times to get the old gas out, cleaned the air filter, and going to larry's tomorrow to get some replacement fuel.

Any suggestions? Also, If I think I put too much lubricant in the air filter, is there any way to get it out? Could that be 1 reason why it was bogging?
Back to top Go down
http://www.michiganr-c.com
InsaneJay

InsaneJay

PostSubject: Re: Bogging on accelleration   Bogging on accelleration EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Bring that puppy over man, Let's get it tuned up. Oh and bring fuel. lol Oh and you could possible have an air leak somewhere.
Back to top Go down
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

PostSubject: Re: Bogging on accelleration   Bogging on accelleration EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Sounds good! I'm going to try and get some fuel tomorrow. I may have put too much lubricant in the air filter also, when i touch the filter my hands get sticky without even squeezing it. It is just the outer filter if that is the case, so I can run it without the outer.

It probably won't be until maybe sunday though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michiganr-c.com
InsaneJay

InsaneJay

PostSubject: Re: Bogging on accelleration   Bogging on accelleration EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Did you put filter oil on the outer filter? If so you never need to do that only on the inner. So if you have it on the outer filter just wash it off with Dawn dish soap and put it back on try that.
Back to top Go down
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Bogging on accelleration   Bogging on accelleration EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Whats a home product i can use to oil the air filter?
Back to top Go down
InsaneJay

InsaneJay

PostSubject: Re: Bogging on accelleration   Bogging on accelleration EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

None that I know of. I would just use the standard air filter oil for RC on your inner filter only. never apply filter oil to the outer filter. It doesn't cost much and only needs to be checked/changed weekly and that's only in really dusty/muddy conditions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bogging on accelleration   Bogging on accelleration Empty

Back to top Go down

Bogging on accelleration

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Remote Control Zone :: Garage :: Nitro-
}