Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.
Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.

Buy, Sell, and Talk Remote Control

Contributing Members now have their own category to post private messages to michiganr-c.com members only.
HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control Need a nitro buddy!  Speedy10

Need a nitro buddy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nitrosauce

Need a nitro buddy!  Empty
PostSubject: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:34 pm

is anyone willing to meet up thrown down on some nitro and help me out with setting up and tuning my new nitro. im getting it next week. im sure ill need help. also looking to meet some cool ppl who know nitros and rc's in general. leave me a pm with an email address or phone number. thanks!!
Back to top Go down
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:14 pm

where are you from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.michiganr-c.com
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:05 pm

I live in macomb twp 21 garfield area
Back to top Go down
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Me too. InsaneJay also lives around here. he lives in the trailer park.
Back to top Go down
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 pm

He uses nitro as well
Back to top Go down
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Sweet well have to get together and run em. This is my first nitro or rc in general. Im geeked up and ready to have some fun with this s**t.
Back to top Go down
FoxProGT

FoxProGT

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:28 am

You went with a nitro for your first rc? maaaaaaaan oh man X) before your ready to deem the hobby crap, remember there is an other side. The electric side ;D
Back to top Go down
http://electricmonster.webs.com/
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Ive done my research. Im familiar with engines. I own 2 dirt bikes ive already tore on of em apart and put it back together. I understand theres more maintance in nitro. Im 32 im sure i can handle it. I satrted thinking would i buy a gas dirtbike or electric? Gas lawnmower or electric? Gas car or electric? The answer seemed like the right choice!! However for my 11 yr old. I picked him up a zd zre-1 (crap) i know. But its brushless and cheap.
Back to top Go down
FoxProGT

FoxProGT

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Oh sorry i didn't know you had that kind of knowledge about engines since your asking if there's anyone that can help set it up and tune it because your sure you'll need help. The experience you have will be a definite plus. Granted i would go with the gas versions of the stuff you listed, id even like to get my hands on a gas rc like a hpi baja or a losi short course. I just wouldnt do nitro. NOT AGAIN!! Mad
Back to top Go down
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 pm

I would love a 2 stroke rc myself but cant afford it. I asked for help just to make sure i did everything right. They are engines but nitro for one and a much smaller scale than im used to. I understand if they are not tuned right or broke in properly you can have major problems with em. Thats the last thing i need. Lol
Back to top Go down
FoxProGT

FoxProGT

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:47 pm

yeah it will need to be tuned for these cold temps too. Climate changes = retuning of nitro engines. You might need to run it with a sock wrapped around the piston body with these kind of temps right now. What kind of nitro rc did you get again?
Back to top Go down
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:13 am

I got the exceed madfire racing edition with the .28 in it. Im already planning on upgrading the servos. I heard the steering servo is sluggish. Theres a few other parts im gonna upgrade as well. It has alot of aluminum on it including the chasis. But cant go wrong with more aluminum.
Back to top Go down
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Break in is now complete! That was a learning experience on its own. Getting comfortable with the car and adjusting the needles. Do all nitros idle kinda high like that or should i adjust my lsn.
Back to top Go down
nitrosauce

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:00 pm

FoxProGT wrote:
yeah it will need to be tuned for these cold temps too. Climate changes = retuning of nitro engines. You might need to run it with a sock wrapped around the piston body with these kind of temps right now. What kind of nitro rc did you get again?

I ran it with a sock. Ran it a little on the rich side also because of the cold. It was just enough to break it in. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
FoxProGT

FoxProGT

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:42 pm

right on dude Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a nitro buddy!    Need a nitro buddy!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a nitro buddy!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1