Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.
Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.

Buy, Sell, and Talk Remote Control

Contributing Members now have their own category to post private messages to michiganr-c.com members only.
HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control a little help with steering on my emaxx Speedy10

a little help with steering on my emaxx

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Z Man

Z Man

a little help with steering on my emaxx Empty
PostSubject: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:40 pm

I need a little help with steering on my 3906 emaxx. It seem to turn fine one direction but not the other. It does not appear to be binding. I thought maybe it was the servo so I replaced it with the high torque 2075 waterproof and it still does the same thing. Thanks in advance for any help.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CompPro2006
Admin
CompPro2006

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:29 pm

There are a lot of RC experts in here, so I'm sure one will hop on and figure this out, if I'm wrong. I don't want to call myself and expert.

Have you tried resetting your rx/tx? I'm wondering if either the receiver went bad or there is a bad value set for the other direction.

Did you remove the servo before you started having the issue? Was there any event that you can remember that happened before this issue started?
Back to top Go down
http://www.michiganr-c.com
InsaneJay

InsaneJay

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:47 am

Well for starters the Traxxas servo are no good. you can get a much better one for only a few dollars more like a Hi-tech, yeah its not water proof but using a little black RTV sealant fixes that problem. I had traxxas items before and never cared for them and will not ever own another one personally. I went thru many of those servos they have bad POTs in them. Also what transmitter are you using? if it has end point adjustments on it you may want to re-check that. I am not sure if Maxx has a servo saver on it if so I would also check that for proper tightness. Also did this do this before you changed out your servo to this new one? Also which direction is it not turning in, does it turn slowly? or only part way then stop? When turning it to the direction that binds does it sound like the servo is straining? I really do need more info to help you better. If you can answer some of those I maybe able to help you further.

Last edited by InsaneJay on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InsaneJay

InsaneJay

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Umm Hi tech servo are not that much I get them from Larrys for $45.00 with 165oz of torque. so that's not much more in the way of cash. Also I think you need to re-read it as it is a possible binding issue as he states it goes fine in one direction but not the other. Which could be a binding issue or servo issue. I also said to check the servo saver if it has one. Perhaps you need to re-read it, or at least not get so jumpy towards others unless you fully read and understand their post first. I would rather have more information from the person to better know as I so asked in my post before jumping on someone and thinking of picking a fight. To show you proof here's a link to A-main for the same servo which has higher torque than the traxxas http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100_2167_2169/products_id/18374/n/Hitec-HS-5645MG-Digital-High-Torque-Metal-Gear-Servo So best not to think you know what's what until you have looked at all options.
Back to top Go down
Z Man

Z Man

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Not sure what happened but... I've been working 12 hours and haven't had time to even look at it.. working 12 hours I leave the house at 6:30 in the morning and get home at 9:30 at night so not much time for anything. Thanks for the responses. I don't think its the servo because the 2055 did the same ad the new 2075. I'm going to try to check out the binding this weekend. I'll update when I can. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
tntpoof

tntpoof

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 pm

other things that can Happen

esc BEC is losing voltage so steering is poor .fix. put a UBEC on after u cut the red wire..
servo saver bad (if you have 1)
servos or servo are going bad..(1 turns the other does not)..
linkage is bent or bearings are bad(broken-locked so on)
RX is bad -not sure if u have 2 servos but Y harness could be bad.
If you dont have stock radio check travel..
Back to top Go down
InsaneJay

InsaneJay

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Well if you cannot figure it out let me know if you live somewhat Macomb Township I can send you my address and I will fix it for you.
Back to top Go down
Z Man

Z Man

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks man I really appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
Z Man

Z Man

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Well i finally got to look at my EMaxx. I disconnected the servo saver and tried just the servo and found with the trim pot in the center it limits the steering travel in one direction. I'm not sure why this happens but when the trim is half way between center and all the way on way it works ok. I guess this happened after i took it apart because i turned it on and centered the servo before i installed the servo saver. maybe someone can tell me why this is happening.
Back to top Go down
TnT

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Thats just the way the servo is.. a new servo might be the other way as in need more r than l or vis versa.. even a digital radio is like that ..U might wanta CENTER the servo B4 connecting arm.. and test to see if u have the required range of travel..but hay at least its no big deal..

Back to top Go down
randaddy

randaddy

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 am

loosen everything. my t maxx did the same thing. i loosen the hub carrier around the balljoint and it freed right up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a little help with steering on my emaxx   a little help with steering on my emaxx Empty

Back to top Go down

a little help with steering on my emaxx

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Remote Control Zone :: Land :: Monster Trucks-
}