Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.
Remote Control Zone
Thank you for visiting RCRacingExtreme Feel free to look around.

Classifieds will show once you register with our site!

We would like to ask that you register on our site so you can ask the experts and be a part of a great michigan based RC FORUM!

ENJOY.

Buy, Sell, and Talk Remote Control

Contributing Members now have their own category to post private messages to michiganr-c.com members only.
HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control
Lipo Nitro RC Remote control RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area Speedy10

RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dborregoa

RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area Empty
PostSubject: RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area   RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am a working adult who very recently picked up Nitro RC cars as a hobby to take the edge off a long day of work. It is fun, but it would probably be more fun to have a group. I know there are clubs out there, but I am looking to put together something a little different, so hear me out.

I would like to start a casual group (key word being casual). This "club" would not be a traditional club, there are no fees, structure, presidents, etc. Just basically a group of any size getting together and racing hobby grade RC cars casually. Though it would be a laid back group, I do have some parameters I would like to establish:

- Group would be open to people of all ages, but preferably working adults (say, 20+)
- All hobby grade RC cars welcome (Gas/nitro/electric, Sedan/truck)
- This would be, again, a casual group. Not the place for "Professional RC Racers sponsored by Ford" to come bash entry level people.
- We'll just get together and race. Come and go as you please.

Once/if I get 2 or 3 of you interested, we can discuss further and pick out venue(s) depending on the RC cars we have (on road Vs. off road)

Once we get started, we'll have to come up with a basic set of rules (mainly, a code of conduct) to ensure everyone has a pleasant time. I would like to start this as a very flexible type deal, but if down the road it evolves into a more serious club, then it is what it is.

Lastly, as I mentioned, this would start as an unstructured group without "leadership" or dues. I don't want to be "the president," I simply want to get it started, work with you to get some ground rules, and step down immediately.

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
dborregoa

RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area   RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:30 pm

I should add: this would be in the greater Grand Rapids area, including nearby areas. Including, but not limited to: Holland, Zeeland, Hudsonville, Grandville, Jenison, Grand Haven, etc etc etc...
Back to top Go down

RC Casual Club - Grand Rapids area

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1